Castol oil therapy has been used for centuries to promote healing in the body — and specifically the reproductive system. Castor oil packs placed on the skin enhance circulation and promote healing in tissues and organs below. They can be used for inflammation, pain, and are a great, supportive and relaxing therapy for the health of ovaries, fallopian tubes, the uterus, and eggs as well as for detoxification before conception. They also reduce scarring and adhesions.
How do you use a castor oil pack?
- Buy organic castor oil and a wool/flannel cloth. Soak cloth in oil so it is saturated but not dripping.
- Place the pack over the affected area then cover with a sheet of plastic. Top with a hot water bottle or heat pack. Cover with a towel and relax.
- Leave in place for 30 to 45 minutes.
- After removing, cleanse the area with a dilute solution of water and baking soda. (Castor oil can stain clothes and bedding.)
- Store the pack in a covered container or Ziploc in the fridge. Reuse up to 25 -30 times, discarding it when it becomes rancid.
For fertility, place the pack on the lower abdomen. For a liver detox, the upper right side is good. Place it over inflamed joints, or to relieve bursitis and muscle strain. On the abdomen, it can relieve constipation and other digestive disorders. On the lower abdoment, it is helpful for menstrual irregularities and uterine and ovarian cysts.
Do not use castor oil packs during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or menstruation. If trying to conceive, discontinue use after ovulation has occurred.