Maximizing IVF & IUI Success
Treating and coaching you to optimize fertility.
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to enhance fertility. At Concept Wellness, this is a particular specialty of ours.
Women who have acupuncture have higher pregnancy rates with IVF & IUI, research shows.
Fertility Doctor Referrals
We work hand-in-hand with specialists in San Diego and beyond to ensure that you have the best possible chance of success.
Truly Individual Care
We make a customized plan, using a multi-lens approach that employs Chinese medicine, functional medicine, and Western medicine.
Enhance egg quality at Concept Wellness.
Doctors often tell us that IVF and IUI success comes down to egg quality.
Acupuncture is a proven method of improving egg quality, according to research. It increases blood flow to the ovaries, balances hormones, and maximizes the exposure of eggs to healthy nutrients.
One local reproductive endocrinologist remarked to his patient that her “eggs seemed to have reversed in age” after she followed our Concept Wellness treatment regimen. Indeed, after completing our program, she conceived via IVF, enjoyed a healthy pregnancy, and gave birth to a son. Three previous IVF attempts had been unsuccessful.
Start treatment at Concept Wellness three months prior to beginning IVF or IUI. This is the special window of time in which we can enhance the health of the fluid that nourishes eggs, prior to ovulation or IVF/IUI stimulation
In our care, you are drawing on a large body of expertise. First, we have a three-pronged approach, combining Eastern, Western, and functional medicine. And we are connected to San Diego’s premier fertility specialists, enhancing and complementing their services.
“Battling secondary infertility and a failed embryo transfer, I took a break from IVF and worked with Riann to assess my hormonal needs, nourish my body, and focus on my mental health. I finally felt comfortable and healthy enough to go through with another procedure six months later and we were able to achieve our miracle. . . I am a total believer.
Day of Embryo Transfer
We offer acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer both in our office or at your fertility clinic when booked in advance. Our team has worked in all of the top fertility centers in San Diego.
The acupuncture treatments relax the uterus, stabilize the endocrine system, and calm the patient. These combined effects decrease the chance of uterine contractions and enhance implantation. In fact, a German study showed higher pregnancy rates among patients who had a specific acupuncture treatment prior to and after embryo transfer. Indeed, 42.5 percent of patients who had had acupuncture, experienced clinical pregnancy, compared to 26.3% of the control group (those who did not receive acupuncture) who had positive outcomes.
We’ve treated the gamut—and helped many conceive.
Who benefits from our IVF and IUI Support at Concept Wellness?
- Any couple planning to do IVF, IUI, egg donor cycle, or frozen embryo transfer
- Gestational Carriers (Surrogates)
- Couples who have had previous unsuccessful cycles
- Women with low AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) or high FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), sometimes referred to as low ovarian reserve
- Women who have been told they have poor egg quality or low ovarian reserve or who are been identified as “poor responders”
- Women over the age of 35 or sometimes referred to as advanced maternal age
- Women with a history of miscarriage or recurrent miscarriage (RMC)
- Men with low sperm count, poor motility, or poor morphology
- Women with autoimmune conditions which affect fertility.
- Men and women with inflammation or infection which affects fertility.
- Women with a thin uterine lining
- Women with hormonal imbalances like PCOS, endometriosis and luteal phase deficiency
Our fertility specialists treat both women and men.
Concept Wellness treats men and women who are trying to boost fertility on their own as well as those undergoing fertility treatments.
What are the benefits to expect from our treatments and self-care protocol?
- Improved overall health
- Improved digestion, mood, energy, and sleep
- Regular menstrual cycles and hormonal balance
- Improvement of fertility markers on blood work, such as lowered FSH and increased AMH
- Improved antral follicle count
- Improved sperm count and quality
- Thicken uterine lining
- Better response to fertility medications
- Increased success with ART.
At Concept Wellness, we enhance your health every step of the way, from conception through your pregnancy and beyond.
Fertility and Preconception
Maximizing Success with IVF & IUI
Postpartum Belly Binding
Get the latest from Concept Wellness and our expert team.
Schedule your appointment online or call 858-272-8215
We are available for in-clinic appointments for women, men, and children.