At Concept Wellness, the Mayan abdominal massage techniques our practitioners use are great fertility therapies. But these techniques can also benefit people with digestive problems, scar tissue, stress, and those recovering from surgery.
It’s rare to have the abdomen massaged in traditional massage settings. But this non-invasive massage technique practiced for centuries by the Mayans, relieves congestion and blockages which can improve the flow of chi and the function of the circulatory, lympathic, and nervous systems. With physical and emotional congestion released from the abdomen, vital organs work more effectively.
In particular, the external massage gently lifts and guides the uterus into its optimal position in the lower pelvis. A displaced uterus can be a caused by a host of things from childbirth to a tailbone injury, from high impact exercise to surgery or weak pelvic floor muscles. Symptoms of a displaced uterus can include:
- Painful or irregular periods; painful or irregular ovulation
- Dark or brown blood at the onset and at the end of menstruation
- Headache or migraine with period
- Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
- Low backache; back pain with period
- Endometriosis, uterine fibroids and polyps
- Frequent urination, bladder infections, incontinence
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Chronic miscarriages
- Difficulty getting pregnant/infertility
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation
- Menopausal symptoms
What other conditions can it help?
- Post-surgical healing, including after a C-section or a hysterectomy
- Digestive issues including constipation, indigestion, heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Gasto Esophageal Reflux (GERD), Crohn’s and more
- Relieving congestion that can contribute to prostate problems including Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH), impotence (depending on the cause), and decreased sperm count.
Book a massage today at 858.272.8215.